Saturday, September 20, 2008

Love and Loss

I'm only a couple of years old, but I have seen so many friends and family members come and go. When I arrived as just a baby, my momma and I were introduced to lots of brothers and sisters. We were adopted by my mom and dad. We were also adopted as sisters by Colby the dog, and 5 kitties named Jonathan, Michelangelo (Mikey), Madison, Lewis, and Jonesie. I told you all about my mentor Jonathan. In the last 6 months, I have also had to say goodbye to Colby, Mikey and Lewis. I'm learning that you have to appreciate your friends while they are here because you just never know. Like Jonathan, Mikey and Colby were old, but Lewis wasn't all that old. You just never know. I still have lots of family because we have new family members now, including Grete the dog, Ginger and Cecilia the kitties. There are also 2 kitties that came and left us in the 2 years that I've been here. Noelle and Benjamin were stray kitties that weren't all that healthy and even though my mom and dad tried to save them, it wasn't to be. Like I said, you just never know so you have to enjoy your friends while they are here even if it's for a short time.

I live close to an apartment complex. We have a backyard that is the local kitty hangout, so when people move out of their apartments they sometimes just leave without all of their family members. That's why my family is so big. I don't understand, but my mom says that we have enough food to share and shelter to share so I've learned to be a sharing kitty. I don't actually get to go in my backyard. Something about "rules". At least I can see it all through the window.

I will write about all of my family because there is lots to say about all of them.

No comments: