Monday, October 13, 2008

Introducing Cecilia

Before I introduce my sister Cecilia, I want to say a big thank you to all you kitties out there who have been so welcoming and wonderful to me. When I started blogging about my family I had no idea there was such a thing as the cat blogosphere. Now I've met Gandalf and Grayson who have introduced me to a whole new world. I'm looking forward to visting all of your blogs soon. I'm still learning how to build mine, and when you sleep 20 hours a day it doesn't leave much time for blogging...after washing my momma, singing to my boot sock and eating chicken if I can find it. Anyway I'm working hard on it!

My sister Cecilia came to us last January 1st. That was the day we finally got her to agree to come in the house. She was cold and alone and had been hanging out in our backyard for the holidays. She had a really bad lung thing going on. Turns out she has asthma. She's also a bit of a spooky girl. She only likes my momma. She terrorizes Ginger. She tolerates the rest of us. She won't let mom and dad pet her except at night.

She's now pretty well controlled on her asthma. Mom and dad take her on round trip visits to the vet for shots because they can't catch her to pill her.

We had such a hard time with Cecilia that we couldn't figure out what to do. We finally figured out that she might like living in the workshop with Madison. Turns out he will share his litter box if it's the right cat. So far so good! Now Ginger isn't being terrorized...I mean she is a bit of a drama queen, but that was too much.

6 comments:

Mr. Hendrix said...

hi all! nice to meet you! I am a former feral like Cecilia, that is why I am an only kitty. I am also FIV positive, this happened before I was rescued. I'm sure that sweet Cecilia will settle in more and more each month like me. I was rescued in Nov. 2004

I can't wait to hear all your adventures.

don't forget to put your hyperlink and name on the cat blogosphere everyday you make a new post. you'll see where everyone does it underneath all the day's news.

The Island Cats said...

Hi ya, Cory! It's nice to meet Cecilia too! And everyone else in your family!

We have a former feral living with us now too...she's still trying to get use to me and it hasn't been going well but she's okay with Ernie.

Wally

Poppy Q said...

Welcome to the world of cat blogging. What a big household you have.

I lives by myself with my mum in New Zealand and my name is Poppy Q.

Nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Cecilia is lovely! We're very glad she found you all! Thank goodness Madison is willing to share his litter box. Sharing is very hard!

Maggie May said...

I have asthma too, luckily mine is pretty well controlled and I only need a pill every now and then, glad yours is managed as well! Very nice to meet you Cecilia!
~Maya and The Creek Cats~

Forty Paws said...

Yay for Cecelia! Concatulations on getting her inside!

Luf, Us