Friday, February 20, 2009

Friendly Advice Friday

I've been watching mom and dad get all silly about figuring out the right name for Mr. B. I'm not too sure what to think since they had an interesting time naming me. My mom initially started calling me Frances....do I look like a Frances to you? I did my best to ignore her and turn my head every time she said the name. She got the drift but still didn't know what else to call me.

So anyway, one day she came home from the grocery store and she had gingersnap cookies with her. When she said "I've got gingersnaps" I perked up and looked right at her. Since that was the first time I ever did that, she said, "do you want a gingersnap?"...uh no...I just want you to call me Ginger...get it? She then kept on saying "Ginger", like she had never heard the word...and then she finally realized that is what I wanted to be called all along. No matter what Mr. B is called, I hope he loves his name. He has had a couple of years of hanging out in the yard to respond to "Bojangles" or "BJ" or "Mr. B"...same blank stares as when I was called Frances. He does the slow blink when they say "Nigel" or "Sebastian". Be sure to purr a bit for him since he's going in for his hoo-ha-ectomy today.

PS....I love my name.

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Forever Foster said...

It's a great name for you, Ginger. We think you look like a Ginger. We are sure Mr. B's name will come sooner or later, probably at the strangest time!:)

Cliff and Olivia said...

We understand why you're glad for you name. Maybe mr. B's name is Cliff. We like that name anyway ;-)

Cat with a Garden said...

Ginger, you have a lovely name and we think it really suits you. We will purr for the N.N. floofy man you got there. Maybe he will tell you his name after the surgery. We're silly and can't help to think of him as a Vittorio or something else Italian. He's so racy! Sorry!

The Monkeys said...

Nice name, Ginger!

We actually have names that we both like but our Mom keeps calling us silly things anyway! She called me 'Fuzz Bucket' the other day!

We're purring for Mr. B today.

Samson and Delilah
xoxo

The Creek Cats said...

It's so cool to learn how you got your name, Ginger! We think it suits you wonderfully!

We are sending our best purrs and healing vibes to Mr.B for his hoo-ha-ectomy today!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Ginger is a snappy name, mol! And tell Mr B he'll feel a little light in the pants when he gets home today, cuz that sounds like a good thing, like leaping in the air, which he might not want to do til tomorrow. And maybe Mr B could be his forever name, since we already know one Mr B we like the name a lot.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance

The Island Cats said...

Ginger, we're glad your beans were able to finally get your name right! Sometimes they just don't listen!

Hope all goes well for Mr. B today!

The Florida Furkids said...

We think you were smart to pick Ginger for your name. We'll be purring for the "nameless one" to day and hope his Hoo-ha-ectomy goes well.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Parker said...

Ginger, your name rocks - and we will pray for a smooth operation for the soon formerly to be Mr. B!

Daisy said...

Ginger, you have a real pretty name! I am sending good purrs for Mr. B today!

ZOOLATRY said...

You have the purrfect name and Mr B will have a purrfect name, too... it just takes time, right?

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I think Ginger suits you perfectly! I am sure Mr. B will let his real name slip at some point!!

We are purring for him and hope it doesn't slow him down for too long!!!

Quill and Greyson said...

Ginger is a great name. Maybe Mr BJ's name is Pepper? What ever it is I am purring.

Anonymous said...

aww what a cute story of how you got your name!!
And a godo idea.. letting you guys chose you own name, your momam and dadda are very cool that way!
hrrrm
Wez had another look and biggified the picture to look at Mr B's face and something like Adam or similar popped into mommas head...we are thinking Roman for some reason... hrrrm is there a Roman Adam?...
Ohh we can't wait to see what he would like to be named! :)
I is purring for you either ways for your hooha op :))

V-V

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

When mama brought me home (She couldn't resist me) from the rescue place she and two of her friends were trying to figure out what to call me. They tried all sorts of names. Then one said "brandi" and I walked up to her. That's my name!