Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday in the Garden with Jonesie

 
Hi my furriends!  I know I've been slacking in the garden, but it's not all my fault!  My mom and dad have not been helping me as they should.   My deadline for them getting in gear is Memorial Day Weekend.  If they don't help with my garden by that date...I call the local Humane Society for intervention.  I believe they have a division called Prevention of Cruelty to Garden Cats.

 
My corn plants were put all nicely in rows.   But then....disaster struck...

 
Something has been eating my plants.  I've been investigating but still no answers.   Dad set up Critter Cam so we can do surveillance.   Last night all we had was a feline intruder...more interested in my nip than my corn.  We will continue to be vigilant.

 
It's not easy being responsible for so much, but I do it because I love it.

 
And then...when I'm working hard I see this....flagrant laziness.  Using my well prepared dirt for her furs!

 
We had meows over this and Cecilia agreed to move on...

 
The planting comes first.


12 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh no! I wonder what has been eating your corn plants. Me and mum planted the raised beds before she went on holiday and she expected everything to be up when she got back. We keep looking but not a single seedling. We don't know what has happened. At least the tomato plants are growing.

Jacqueline said...

We hope you can figure out how to save your corn plants, lovely Jonesie...Happy Friday and have a fun weekend, sweet friends...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

It looks like your humans have been ridiculously slow to do your garden bidding, Jonesie! I don't know what you are going to do with them.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Jonesie we don't have vegetables but lots of flowers. Mom has been battling slug, worms and grasshoppers eating her plants. It's been hard on her as she is determined to keep Abby's Garden free of pests. We think your veggie garden looks great, we hope you can find out who the culprits are.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

It's an uphill battle, isn't it, Jonesie?

Purrs,
The Chans

PS: We miss you when you don't blog!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Uh oh, we hope you can discover who is eating your garden. Rabbits? You must be so concerned, Jonesie. We hope there's a good resolution to the problem. And that Cecilia stays out of the dirt. LOL.

Katnip Lounge said...

First laziness from the peeps and then from a fellow feline? The impudence!

Cats Herd You said...

Good help is so hard to find, Jonesie! We hope that whatever is eating your plants is on its way to another state soon.

The Island Cats said...

MOL! Cecilia is not being much help, is she?

Just Ducky said...

Glad to see you are back in your garden Jonsie.

We are late stopping by to wish Ellie a belated Happy Calendar Cat Day.

Saku said...

We sure hope you can figure out what has been eating the corn. Mom bean wonders since the plant seems to be there that it might be something underground? Like a ebil mole?

Good luck and enjoy your garden Jonesie!

Sasha, Sami, & saku

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Jonesie ~ you are a master gardener. Your planting looks excellent.
Love Alfie xx